Level up your career with MobilityWare, one of mobile gaming’s leading publishers of card and puzzle games. With our headquarters in the heart of Orange County and a brand new studio in Utah, we’re dedicated to our mission of bringing joy to others one game at a time.
Ever since our flagship title Solitaire hit the Apple App Store on the day it opened in 2008, MobilityWare has been entertaining gamers around the world. With a product portfolio that includes beloved hits such as FreeCell, MONOPOLY Solitaire, Spades, Hearts, Mahjong, and Bubble Shooter Pop, our games have been downloaded over 400 MILLION times.
MobilityWare was recently named one of Built in LA’s Best Places to Work for the second year in a row and we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County five times by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register. While we’re proud to be the company behind some of mobile gaming’s most popular titles, our most important achievement is creating a work environment that encourages professional growth and prioritizes the wellness of all of our team members.
This is a critical role within Platform and Shared Services Engineering (PSSE) team at Mobilityware. PSSE team handles engineering and cloud operations for several high scale and critical services. This role, while focused on backend development, provides deep exposure to frontend development, DevOps and AWS big data solutions.
- Design and develop highly scalable, fault tolerant containerized backend services in Java running on AWS cloud
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify product/technical requirements
- Write unit tests, meet code quality/coverage criteria, drive load tests to develop production ready backend services
- Instrument code to derive critical observability metrics, optimize logging and provide support for production issues
- Assist in hosting cost optimization/projections
- Work with geographically distributed engineers in different time zones in agile environment
- Drive proof of concepts, design documents
Qualifications for Position:
- 3+ years of Software Development experience in public clouds using Java, Python
- Demonstrated experience with various engineering responsibilities such as design, development, testing, deployment, performance tuning & optimization
- Hands on experience with various AWS services such as EC2, EKS, Load balancer, API gateway, DynamoDB, Elasticache, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, EMR etc.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming, API design standards/patterns/best practices
- Hands on with SQL/no-SQL databases and writing optimized queries
- Experience with various DevOps practices as it relates to application development, production support
Do we have your attention yet? Here are just some of the perks of working with us:
- We offer medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and profit-sharing incentives around a 401K.
- Annual, all-inclusive company trip for you and a guest. Previous destinations include Hawaii, a Mexican Riviera Cruise, and Las Vegas. In 2022 we went to Los Cabos!
- When in the office, we offer things like free lunch, free snacks, and free drinks.
- Casual workplace that includes a relaxed dress code, plus a newly remodeled office in the heart of Irvine.
- Growth, growth, growth – we are growing, and we would love for you to join us on the ride.
- Annual Game Jam to show off your creative chops!
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of MobilityWare’ s total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. The pay range annual base salary for this role is $100,000-$155,000.