Level up your career with MobilityWare, one of mobile gaming’s leading publishers of card and puzzle games. With our headquarters in the heart of Orange County and a brand new studio in Utah, we’re dedicated to our mission of bringing joy to others one game at a time.
Ever since our flagship title Solitaire hit the Apple App Store on the day it opened in 2008, MobilityWare has been entertaining gamers around the world. With a product portfolio that includes beloved hits such as FreeCell, MONOPOLY Solitaire, Spades, Hearts, Mahjong, and Bubble Shooter Pop, our games have been downloaded over 400 MILLION times.
MobilityWare was recently named one of Built in LA’s Best Places to Work for the second year in a row and we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County five times by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register. While we’re proud to be the company behind some of mobile gaming’s most popular titles, our most important achievement is creating a work environment that encourages professional growth and prioritizes the wellness of all of our team members.
The Adtech team at MobilityWare is building a suite of client and server technologies to deliver advertising to our huge audience of engaged players worldwide. This Senior Software Engineer role is responsible for design and development of mission critical components of a distributed Ad serving platform, where performance, high quality and precision are revered values. You will design, code, troubleshoot, and support scalable services in a high volume and low latency environment. This is a 100% hands-on role and so we are looking with an exceptional and experienced coder first. In addition to being a strongly motivated individual contributor, you will also be responsible for mentoring remote engineers and guiding them to deliver high impacting products and services. The solutions you create would drive step increases in monetization across the suite of MobilityWare’s apps and ensure relevant ads are served to Mobilityware's customers.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
Qualifications for Position:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 year of professional software development experience.
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented programming and experience in Java, C#, Vertx, Netty, Jetty etc.
- 2+ years of experience building microservices or distributed cloud-based software systems, with an emphasis on fault tolerance, resilience, observability, and operability.
- Experience with building REST based APIs and writing API specs in Swagger or similar.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques and tooling
- Experience in building servers with low latency and high concurrency systems
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
Do we have your attention yet? Here are just some of the perks of working with us:
- We offer medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and profit sharing incentives around a 401K.
- Annual, all inclusive company trip for you and a guest. Previous destinations include Hawaii, a Mexican Riviera Cruise, and Las Vegas. In 2022 we went to Los Cabos!
- When in the office, we offer things like free lunch, free snacks, and free drinks.
- Casual workplace that includes a relaxed dress code, plus a newly remodeled office in the heart of Irvine.
- Growth, growth, growth – we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride.
- Annual Game Jam to show off your creative chops!
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of MobilityWare’s total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. Pay range annual base salary for this role is $145,000-$190,000.