Level up your career with MobilityWare, one of mobile gaming’s leading publishers of card and puzzle games. With our headquarters in the heart of Orange County and a brand new studio in Utah, we’re dedicated to our mission of bringing joy to others one game at a time.
Ever since our flagship title Solitaire hit the Apple App Store on the day it opened in 2008, MobilityWare has been entertaining gamers around the world. With a product portfolio that includes beloved hits such as FreeCell, MONOPOLY Solitaire, Spades, Hearts, Mahjong, and Bubble Shooter Pop, our games have been downloaded over 400 MILLION times.
MobilityWare was recently named one of Built in LA’s Best Places to Work for the second year in a row and we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County five times by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register. While we’re proud to be the company behind some of mobile gaming’s most popular titles, our most important achievement is creating a work environment that encourages professional growth and prioritizes the wellness of all of our team members.
What does success look like? You will join a dedicated, focused, and collaborative team that is responsible for seventeen live games. As a Senior QA Analyst 2 for Spark Games studio at MobilityWare, you will be responsible for the quality of those games, including new features, tech updates, and new games. You aren’t just a “tester,” you are an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and goal-oriented QA professional.
You will help ensure that tens of millions of players have a wonderful experience. That means working directly with designers, producers, and engineers to catch the little things that other people miss. It also means adapting within a highly dynamic environment while supporting our studio’s mission to deliver value sooner. You will write test cases, oversee test results, and work with countless JIRA tickets in support of mobile games on iOS, Amazon, Android, and Apple Arcade.
The stakes are high, and the expectations are even higher. The successful candidate will be eager to be an important part of a no-crunch studio where QA is empowered, engaged, and constantly in motion!
- Be the QA expert for major projects and releases
- Own the full test cycle of complex projects from design to release
- Develop, execute, and maintain test plans
- Identify, report, and track bugs
- Review other QA member’s work for both internal and external QA teams
- Develop a deep understanding of important game features
- Influence QA best practices, including testing efficiency
- Collaborate effectively across disciplines
- Provide qualitative feedback about products, including in reviews, standups and planning
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Manage the work of our external QA partners, evaluate test results, and escalate issues
- Help us deliver joy to millions of customers
- 6+ years of Quality Assurance (QA) experience as part of a dynamic, thriving team
- Expert knowledge of QA tools (e.g. Testrail, Jira, Android Studio, Xcode, and others)
- Self-motivated, proactive, and excited to take on new challenges
- Detail oriented, flexible, and communicative
- Able to analyze game features to assess risks to the end user
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable giving and receiving positive feedback
- Willingness to learn new tools, processes, and products
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Passion for helping to deliver high-quality video games
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bonus: Familiarity with Unity
Do we have your attention yet? Here are just some of the perks of working with us:
- We offer medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and profit sharing incentives around a 401K.
- Annual, all inclusive company trip for you and a guest. Previous destinations include Hawaii, a Mexican Riviera Cruise, and Las Vegas. In 2022 we went to Los Cabos!
- When in the office, we offer things like free lunch, free snacks, and free drinks.
- Casual workplace that includes a relaxed dress code, plus a newly remodeled office in the heart of Irvine.
- Growth, growth, growth – we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride.
- Annual Game Jam to show off your creative chops!
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of MobilityWare’ s total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. The pay range annual base salary for this role is $60,000- $85,000.