MobilityWare’s vast portfolio of casual mobile games has already brought joy to millions of gamers across the world and now we’re looking for a dedicated design professional who will take our titles to the next level. As our newest Game Designer II, your creativity will help create innovative new titles that will blow gamers’ minds while your keen attention to detail will keep even our longest running titles fresh. If you have a passion for gaming and are ready to see your vision come to life, apply now.
- Enable Engineers, Artists and QA through the creation of thoughtful, implementation-focused Game and Feature Design Documents
- Use data to understand our customers and create features that will delight them
- Be a one-stop source for design from generating wireframes to balancing economies, from designing puzzle levels to imagining new features
- Seek out critiques and opportunities to improve; iterate without attachment
- Become an industry expert on casual mobile game design
- Be a team player who listens to, encourages, and supports others
- 3+ years of professional experience working as a game designer on casual and/or mobile games that have been played by at least 100K people
- A passion for casual mobile games and game players
- Experience writing clear, concise, and effective Game Design Documents
- Experience creating wireframes, planning product features, and supporting LiveOps development
- Demonstrable experience using data and analytics to both understand and meet customer and company needs
- A growth mindset that embraces continuous learning
- Positive attitude with a desire to be a driving force of a friendly, upbeat, and supportive development environment
- Excitement for the opportunities and challenges of working on large products with existing userbases
A Little Bit About Us:
MobilityWare is one of the leading mobile game publishers of card and puzzle games. With our headquarters in the heart of Orange County and a new studio in Utah, we’re dedicated to our mission of bringing joy to others one game at a time.
Ever since our flagship title Solitaire hit the Apple App Store on the day it opened in 2008, MobilityWare has been entertaining gamers around the world. With a product portfolio that includes beloved hits such as FreeCell, MONOPOLY Solitaire, Spades, Hearts, Mahjong, and Bubble Shooter Pop, our games have been downloaded over 400 MILLION times.
MobilityWare was recently named one of Built in LA’s Best Places to Work for the third year in a row and we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County five times by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register. While we’re proud to be the company behind some of mobile gaming’s most popular titles, our most important achievement is creating a work environment that encourages professional growth and prioritizes the wellness of all of our team members.
Do we have your attention yet? Here are just some of the perks of working with us:
- We offer medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and a 401K with competitive contribution.
- Annual, all-inclusive company trip for you and a guest. Previous destinations include Hawaii, a Mexican Riviera Cruise, and Las Vegas. In 2022 we went to Los Cabos!
- In the office,we offer free lunch, free snacks, and free drinks.
- Casual workplace that includes a relaxed dress code, plus a newly remodeled office in the heart of Irvine.
- Growth, growth, growth – we are growing, and we would love for you to join us on the ride.
- Annual Game Jam to show off your creative chops!
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of MobilityWare’ s total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. The pay range annual base salary for this role is $90,000-$135,000.